Services We Offer
Physiotherapy (physical therapy) is the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of injury and problems with movement. Problems can be due to injury to muscle, joint, ligament, tendon, nerve or other areas within the body.
Another area of treatment in our clinic is the vestibular system. This system is the balance system and includes the inner ear. Symptoms are often described as dizziness, vertigo and decreased balance. Vestibular physiotherapy includes treatment for concussion as well.
During your first appointment with the physiotherapist, they will ask you many details regarding your injury/problem. These questions are necessary to help them determine possible causes of your injury and leads them to optimal methods to begin treatment.
Treatment for your condition may include:
- MANUAL THERAPY – for example mobilizing joints and massage
- HEAT / ICE
- MODALITIES: TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
- NMES (Neuro-Muscular Electrical Stimulation)
- EXERCISES – you will also receive a home program of exercises.
- VESTIBULAR PHYSIOTHERAPY
WHAT DO YOU TREAT?
As a physiotherapist, we treat many different problems and kinds of conditions. Some of the more common kinds of conditions or injuries include:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Sprains or strains
- Sports injuries
Common VESTIBULAR DISORDERS include:
- BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo)
- Meniere’s Syndrome
- Cervical Vertigo/Dizziness
- Concussion / Post Concussion Syndrome
- Balance problems
Visit the Vestibular Disorders Association Website
Helping you understand your condition, assisting you to recover and teaching you to adapt and manage your condition as you move along the path to recovery is our goal.